Dr Shantanu Panigrahi’s List of Publications
I published roughly 35 papers mostly in refereed journals on natural product toxicology/pharmacology, animal nutrition and behaviour, and plant and animal-based feed commodities mostly of tropical origin.
[Experimental scientific work awaiting write-up: data from animal nutrition research to write aprroximately 30 scientific papers]
Journal Articles: (39)
1. Panigrahi, S. and Francis, B.J. (1982) Digestibility and possible toxicity of the yam, Dioscorea alata. Nutrition Reports International, 26: 1007-1013.
2. Panigrahi, S., Francis, B.J., Cano, L.A. and Burbage, M.B. (1984) Toxicity of Jatropha curcas seeds from Mexico to rats and mice. Nutrition Reports International, 29: 1089-1099.
3. Panigrahi, S., El Samra, S.E., Bhosale, S.D., Parr, W.H. and Coker, R.D. (1986) Dietary vitamin and aflatoxin interactions in chicks and ducklings. In: Proceedings of 7th European Poultry Conference, Paris, 1986. Volume 1. General, Genetics, Nutrition, posters. pp 267-271. Ed. Larbier, M., 37002 Tours, France; World’s Poultry Science Association.
4. Panigrahi, S., Machin, D.H., Parr, W.H. and Bainton, J. (1987) Responses of broiler chicks to dietary copra cake of high lipid content. British Poultry Science, 28: 589-600.
5. Panigrahi, S. (1988) Effects of atmospheric ammonia on egg pH, gossypol-related brown yolk discolouration and chick embryo development. Paper presented at the 1988, Spring meeting of the World’s Poultry Science Association – UK Branch, School of Pharmacy,University of London, London. Abstract in British Poultry Science, 29: 878-879.
6. Panigrahi, S. (1989) Effects of atmospheric ammonia on chick embryo development. British Poultry Science, 30: 197-200.
7. Panigrahi, S., Bland, B. and Carlaw, P.M. (1989) The nutritive value of tamarind seeds for broiler chicks. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 22: 285-293.
8. Panigrahi, S. (1989) Effects on egg production of including high residual lipid copra meal in laying hen diets. British Poultry Science, 30: 305-312.
9. Panigrahi, S., Plumb, V.E. and Machin, D.H. (1989) Effects of dietary cottonseed meal, with and without iron treatment, in laying hens. British Poultry Science, 30: 641-651.
10. Panigrahi, S.(1990) Ammonia and dietary cottonseed meal-associated brown yolk discolouration in hens’ eggs. Tropical Science, 30: 325-342.
11.Panigrahi, S. and Hammonds, T.W. (1990) Egg discolouration effects of including screw-pressed cottonseed meal in laying hen diets and their prevention. British Poultry Science, 31: 107-120.
12. Machin, D.H.,Panigrahi, S., Bainton, J. and Morris T.R. (1990) Performance of broiler chicks fed on low and high oil fish silages in relation to the changes taking place in lipid and protein components. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 28: 199-223.
13. Panigrahi, S. and Morris, T.R. (1991) Effects of dietary cottonseed meal and iron-treated cottonseed meal in different hen genotypes. British Poultry Science, 31: 167-181.
14. Panigrahi, S. (1991) Behaviour changes in broiler chicks fed on diets containing palm kernel meal. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 31: 277-281.
15. Panigrahi, S. and Powell, C.J. (1991) Effects of high rates of inclusion of palm kernel meal in broiler chick diets. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 34: 37-47.
16. Dietz, H.M.,Panigrahi, S. and Harris, R.V. (1991) Toxicity of hydrolysis products from 3-butenyl glucosinolate in rats. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 39: 311-315.
17. Panigrahi, S. (1991) Metabolizable energy (ME) value of high residual lipid copra meal in formulating broiler chick diets. Tropical Science, 31: 141-145.
18. Panigrahi, S. (1992) Effects of treating cottonseed meal with a solution of ferrous sulphate for the prevention of brown yolk discolouration. Animal Feed Science and Technology, 38: 89-103.
19. Panigrahi, S., Rickard, J., O’Brien, G.M. and Gay, C. (1992) Effects of different rates of drying cassava root on its toxicity to broiler chicks. British Poultry Science, 33: 1025-1042.
20. Panigrahi, S., Phillips, S., Plumb, V.E. and Watson, A.J. (1992) Evaluation of the nutritive value of yellow rice in rats and broiler chicks. British Journal of Nutrition, 68: 573-582.
21. Panigrahi, S. (1992) Energy deficit-induced behaviour changes in broiler chicks fed copra meal-based diets. Proceedings of the XIX World’s Poultry Science Congress, 20-24 September, 1992, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Volume 3, pp 503-507.
22. Panigrahi, S. (1992) Effects of different copra meals and amino acid supplementation on broiler chick growth. British Poultry Science, 33: 683-687.
23. Panigrahi, S. (1993) Bioassay of mycotoxins using terrestrial and aquatic animal and plant species. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 31: 767-790.
24. Panigrahi, S., Jones, B.D. and Dallin, S. (1994) Effects of dietary tenuazonic acid, isolated from a culture of Alternaria alternata, on broiler chicks. Proceedings of the 9th Eurpoean Poultry Conference, 7 to 12 August 1994, Glasgow, UK; Volume I,: 179-180. Walker and Connel, Ltd.
25. Swetman, T. and Panigrahi, S. (1994) The potential for using ram-pressed sunflowerseed cake as a livestock feed component in rural areas of Zimbabwe and Tanzania. Proceedings of The Agrotech Regional Workshop on Small-Scale Oil Processing; 5-9 September, 1994. Arusha International Conference Centre, Arusha, Tanzania; Published by Agrotech, Harare, Zimbabwe.
26. Panigrahi, S. and Dallin, S. (1994) Toxicity of some Alternaria spp metabolites to brine shrimp Artemia salina L. larvae. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 66: 493-496.
27. Panigrahi, S. (1995) The potential for small-scale oilseed expelling in conjunction with poultry production in developing countries. World’s Poultry Science Journal, 51: 167-176.
28. Panigrahi, S., Oguntona, E.B. and Roberts, B.R. (1996) Effects of different drying temperatures on the nutritive value of sweet potato for broiler chicks. British Poultry Science, 37: 173-188.
29. Panigrahi, S. and Plumb, V.E. (1996) Effects of ferrous sulphate treatment of cottonseed meal for preventing brown yolk discolouration on dietary phosphorus. British Poultry Science, 37: 403-411.
30. Panigrahi, S., Bestwick, L.A., Davis, R. and Wood, C.D. (1996). The nutritive value of stackburned yellow maize for livestock: tests in vitro and in broiler chicks. British Journal of Nutrition, 76: 97-108.
31. Phillips, S.I., Wareing, P.W., Dutta, A., Panigrahi, S. and Medlock V. (1996). The mycoflora and incidence of aflatoxin and zearalenone in dairy feed and forage samples from Eastern India and Bangladesh. Mycopathologia,133: 15-21.
32. Panigrahi, S. and Dallin, S. (1997) The mung seed germination bioassay of tenuazonic acid, an Alternaria toxin. Tropical Science, 37: 9-12.
33. Panigrahi, S.and B.S. Waite (1998) Responses of broiler chicks to dietary cottonseed meal treated with ferrous sulphate. Proceedings of the 10th Eurpoean Poultry Conference, Jerusalem, Israel 21-26 June 1998: 444-447.
34. Panigrahi, S.and B.S. Waite (1998) The use of rations with up to forty per cent palm kernel meal for egg production. Proceedings of the Spring Meeting of the World Poultry Science Association, United Kingdom Branch, Spa Complex, Scarborough,UK, 25-26 March 1998: 68-69.
35. Panigrahi, S., Wareing, P.W., Phillips, S. and Ncube, S. (1997) Nutritional and mycological changes in maize and sorghum stover during dry season storage in Zimbabwe. (in preparation).
36. Panigrahi, S. (1997) Rationale for the development of sunflowerseed oilcake as a poultry feed in southern Africa, with particular reference to Zimbabwe. Proceedings of a Seminar held in Zimbabwe on ‘Small-scale decentralised agro-industries in Zimbabwe and the region’. Intermediate Technology Development Group, PO Box 1744, Harare, Zimbabwe (in print).
37. Panigrahi, S.(1997) Integrated small-scale oil milling and livestock production in Zimbabwe. Agricultural and Rural Development. Volume 5 (2) (August 1998): 39-42.
38. Panigrahi, S., (2008) Development of a new approach to teaching basic Oriya language outside India. (submitted on 14 January 2008 to School of Oriental and African Studies for publication in-house journal and use in curriculum development; to the Orissa Society of United Kingdom, and to Ms Subhashini, Minister, Indian High Commission, Aldwych, Strand, London).
39. Panigrahi, S., (2008) Parallels in dairy and poultry development strategies and issues relating to urbanisation in the Eastern India region (in preparation).
Scientific Books/Thesis/Book Chapters: (4)
40. Coker, R.D., Jones, B.D., Nagler, M.J., Gilman, G.A., Wallbridge, A.J. and Panigrahi, S. (1984) Bioassay of Mycotoxins. In: Section A16. The Mycotoxins Training Manual. G report. Tropical Development and Research Institute.
41. Panigrahi, S. (1996) A review of the potential for using cassava root meal in poultry diets. In: Tropical Tuber Crops: Problems, Prospects and Future Strategies. pp 416-428. Eds.: Kurup, G.T., Palaniswami, M.S. Potty, V.P., Padmaja, G., Kabeerathumma, S. and Pillai, S.V. Proceedings of an International Symposium on Tropical Tuber Crops, 6-9 November 1993. Indian Society for Root Crops, Central Tuber Crops Research Institute, Sreekariyam, Thiruvananthapurum, India. Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, Calcutta.
42. Panigrahi, S. (1997) Alternaria toxins. In: Handbook of Plant and Fungal Toxicants. Handbook of Pharmacology and Toxicology – A CRC Press Series. pp 319-337. Editor: J.P.F. D’Mello. ISBN 0-8493-5551-2. CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
43. Panigrahi, S. (1988) The use of cottonseed meal in laying hen diets. PhD Thesis, University of Reading, United Kingdom.
2 Comments »
- The UK State has sent Dr Shantanu Panigrahi a letter fixing an appointment with two doctors instead of dealing with Court proceedings
- Does homosexuality fit into Hinduism?
- Complaint lodged against the New Mayor of London Mr Sadiq Khan
- Court Order sought from Medway County Court to compel AuthorhouseUK to print my book The Allurement of Reality
- My Tentative Inquiry to Consider Joining the Idea of English Democrats
- MSc Dissertation on Livestock Development with Urbanisation not considered by University of London for Late Submission
- Bar Standards Board terrorises Dr Shantanu Panigrahi with legal complications in response to his complaints
- Restoration of Queen Dethronement Proceedings with Compensation Payment at Medway County Court
- Question for the Next Session of Prime Minister’s Question Time
- Hindu idol representation and worship
- Fate of an Application to issue civil proceedings against Olympia Publishers and AuthorhouseUK Publishers
- Private Prosecution for State-organised Criminal Conspiracy to Persecute Dr Shantanu Panigrahi instituted
- Global Dashboard
- Discussion Forum for Truth Seekers
- A Review of Abiogenesis
- How modern humans came about
- Satya-advaita or Truth-Accommodation
- Postage Stamps of the World from Satyam Supplies
- Personal Resume
- Twitter Broadcasts
- Secular Pacifists Twitter Discussions
- Speakingtree.in Discussions